2018 ARTBA P3 Awards luncheon, from left to right: ARTBA 2018 Chairman Matt Cummings (AECOM), Tony Elkins (Cintra), Jane Garvey (Meridiam), Bill Hale (Texas DOT), Steve DeWitt (ACS Infrastructure Development, Inc.), Megan Kenny (Texas DOT), and Simon Santiago (Nossaman LLP), the 2017-18 P3 Division president.
2020 Public-Private Partnership (P3) Awards Program
Honoring outstanding achievement in the establishment and delivery of U.S. transportation P3s
Complete the nomination form by Tuesday, June 1.
The American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) “Public-Private Partnership (P3) Awards Program” is an annual competition to honor individuals, projects, organizations and ideas that demonstrate outstanding achievement in the establishment, delivery and operation of U.S. transportation P3 projects. A list of past winners can be found here.
The P3 Awards Program includes two categories – “P3 Projects of the Year” and “P3 Champions of the Year.” Each has two subcategories, for a total of four awards.
- Innovation of the Year: spotlights an idea within a P3 project that demonstrates how innovation helps provide value for the users of P3s.
- Community Impact of the Year: spotlights a P3 project that demonstrates the economic and philanthropic values P3s offer to their respective communities.
- P3 Champions of the Year:
- Trailblazer of the Year: given to an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to, and advocated for, the forward progress of transportation P3s.
- Emerging Leader of the Year: given to “rising star” who has already made significant contributions toward the advancement of transportation P3s in the U.S.
Nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements. ARTBA membership is not required.
- P3 Projects of the Year: A P3 project is defined as a contractual agreement between public and private sector entities that transfers the responsibility of a project’s engineering, construction, operation and/or maintenance to the private sector for a defined period of time. The project must be in the U.S. but does not need to be fully operational as of the date of entry.
- P3 Champions of the Year: The nominated individual must have gone “above and beyond” to directly impact and advance the U.S. P3 transportation marketplace. Nominees may be from the public or private sector.
How to Submit a Nomination:
Please submit your nominations here. There is no charge to submit a nomination, and no limit on the number of nominations anyone may submit. Self-nominations are permissible. For projects, the nomination should cite all entities and partners that played a significant role in it.
How Winners are Chosen:
An Awards Committee drawn from ARTBA’s P3 Division leaders will judge the submissions and create a shortlist of projects and individuals. Finalists will be notified and may be asked to submit additional materials and responses. Winning entries will be notified via email. All applicants will be advised of the results.
The following criteria will be used to judge nominations:
P3 Projects of the Year
- Innovation of the Year:
- Demonstrates a significant new advancement in the field of P3s through the development and/or application of new, innovative, and unique concepts.
- Demonstrates increased quality and/or efficiency compared to past practice.
- Community Impact of the Year:
- Demonstrates economic, philanthropic, or humanitarian benefit to the public that improved the quality of life for the community and/or users of the asset.
- Demonstrates that a major portion of the contributions have taken place in the previous 12 months, but judges will also consider ongoing efforts outside of this timeframe that illustrate the depth of commitment.
P3 Champions of the Year
- Trailblazer of the Year:
- Demonstrates contribution to, and advocacy for, the forward progress of P3s, and the promotion of innovative practices or ideas outside the norm.
- Demonstrates exceptional and visionary leadership in the P3 sector.
- Emerging Leader of the Year:
- Demonstrates that he or she is in his or her first 10 years working in the U.S. transportation P3 sector and has already made a significant impact.
- Demonstrates contribution to, and advocacy for, the forward progress of P3s, as well as outstanding promise for continuing service and leadership in the future.
How Winners are Recognized:
Winners will be recognized during a luncheon at the conference. Details on the winning projects and people will be shown in a visual presentation, then the winning individuals and project teams will accept their awards on stage before hundreds of key decision makers, industry practitioners, project sponsors, private-sector finance executives, and government leaders from all levels.
ARTBA will send a press release to the news media the week of the P3 Conference.
Winners will also be recognized in ARTBA’s Washington Newsline e-newsletter, Transportation Builder magazine, and on social media accounts visible to its 11,000+ followers.
For projects, the award itself is given to the entire project team and the team may purchase additional awards for project partners if they desire.
Questions? Please contact ARTBA’s Krystal Taylor.